Pages

Thursday, November 23, 2006

Being Thankful Anyway



Happy Thanksgiving Dear Friends,

Are any of you having a hard time being thankful today?

Suppose someone gave you a assignment today,
and you had to complete the assignment for tomorrow
to happen? Suppose it was such a necessity that
you knew you had to put it as your first priority or nothing
else in your life would go right? You would have to
take it seriously, and adjust your thinking to accomplish
the necessary task.

Remember that movie groundhog day? Where the
same day kept repeating over and over until the main
character in it, recognized his own flaws, and changed?
He became so different over a period of time, introspective,
realizing he had been a thoughtless, unkind, selfish
person to people most of his life. Watching the day
repeat itself over and over made him work on
changing himself internally, and learning to be kind,
thoughtful and thankful for each new day.

Suppose someone told you to have
A Attitude of Gratitude? Could you? Do you want
to? Or do you enjoy wallowing in your sorrows?
If I asked for a show of hands, I would be willing to
bet (although some won't admit it) that a lot of you
somewhat enjoy feeling sorry about your situation.

Are we supposed to be thankful?

OH Come let us sing to the Lord!
Let us shout joyfully to the Rock of our Salvation.
Let us come before His presence with Thanksgiving;
Let us shout joyfully to Him with psalms (singing).
For the Lord is the Great God!!
And the Great King above all gods.
In his hand are the deep places of the earth;
The heights of the hills are His also.
The sea is His, for He made it;
and His hands formed the dry land.
Oh Come let us worship and bow down,
Let us kneel before the Lord our Maker.
For He is our God,
and we are the people of His pasture.
And the sheep of His Hand.
Psalm 95:2-7

A attitude of gratitude is praise for what we do have,
for what God has done, and for what is yet to come.
It is not focusing on what we don't have,
it is not focusing on what people have done to hurt us,
it is not focusing on what we have lost,
it is not focusing on our circumstances.

It is rising above our circumstances,
and have a attitude of thankfulness for the new day,
for the small blessings of each moment, for our
breath, our heartbeat, for a meal, a change of clothes,
a home, for the love of others,
but above All, that God would love us so dearly
He gave his only son to die for our sins ... unworthy
that we were, he loved us beyond our faults
and into our point of need, and when we ask forgiveness
it is promised.

We have all been dealt a certain hand
a certain set of circumstances
our life being what it is, we can choose to succeed or fail,
we can choose to love or hate
we can choose to forgive or carry grudges
we can choose to be thankful or feel sorry for ourselves.

All of these things compose the texture of our life,
what would you choose?

With the hope of each new day, put on a new
attitude of gratitude.

It is the only way to succeed at life.
And the only way we should enter into the presence of God.
For God dwells in, and loves the praises of His people.

Oh come let us worship and bow down,
Let us kneel before the Lord our maker
For He is Our God (Our hope, strength, guide, Father,
and daily source) and we are the people of His pasture
and the sheep of His hand.


Happy "Thanksgiving" Everyone,

Go out into this day, and make it shine, it is a gift
to you from God, your gift in return is living life
to the fullest, even when circumstances may be hard.
Be a light.. so that others will see Jesus in you
and want the victory that comes from abundant
thankfulness even in the hardest days.. for we
know God is our Shepherd, and He will provide.

Just trust.

Love
millie

Proverbs 3:5-6





***********************************************

"Thank You's"

Every day be thankful for what you have and who you are.

Even though I clutch my blanket and growl when the alarm
rings, I give thanks that I can hear. There are many who
are deaf.

Even though I keep my eyes closed against the morning light
as long as possible, I give thanks that I can see.
Many are blind.

Even though I huddle in my bed and put off rising, I give
thanks that I have the strength to rise. There are many
who are bedridden.

Even though the first hour of my day is hectic, when socks
are lost, toast is burned and tempers are short, my children
are so loud, I give thanks for my family. There are many who
are lonely.

Even though our breakfast table never looks like the pictures
in magazines and the menu is at times unbalanced, I give
thanks for the food we have. There are many who are hungry.

Even though the routine of my job often is monotonous, I give
thanks for the opportunity to work. There are many who have
no job.

Even though I grumble and bemoan my fate from day to day
and wish my circumstances were not so modest, I give thanks
for life.
--Author Unknown



******************************************************************


Dear God:
I want to thank You for what you have already done.


I am not going to wait until I see results or receive rewards, I am thanking You right now.

I am not going to wait until I feel better or things look better, I am thanking You right now.

I am not going to wait until people say they are sorry or until they stop talking about me, I am thanking You right now.

I am not going to wait until the pain in my body disappears, I am thanking You right now.

I am not going to wait until my financial situation improves, I am going to thank You right now.

I am not going to wait until the children are asleep and the house is quiet, I am going to thank You right now.

I am not going to wait until I get promoted at work or until I get the job, I am going to thank You right now.

I am not going to wait until I understand every experience in my life that has caused me pain or grief, I am going thank You right now.

I am not going to wait until the journey gets easier or the challenges are removed, I am thanking You right now.

I am thanking You because I am alive.
I am thanking You because I made it through the day's difficulties.

I am thanking You because I have walked around the obstacles.

I am thanking You because I have the ability and the opportunity to do more and do better.

I am thanking You because You have not given up on me.

I am thanking you because you loved me enough to give
up your only son for me, that I might have forgiveness
of my sins, and hope for eternal life.

I am thanking you because you never leave me nor
forsake me.

I am thanking you because you love me just as I am,
and continue steadfastly in my life, when the whole
world seems to walk away.

I am praising you for your goodness, and mercy,
and give you all the honor and praise.

God is just so good, and He's good all the time.


***********************************************

Just walk it.
Just talk it.
Just preach it.
Just teach it.
Just tell it.
Just live it.
Just give it.
Just wear it.
Just share it.
Just shout it.
Just sing it.
Just proclaim it.
Just prove it.
JUST DO IT.
Live For Jesus!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Millie, I agree with kittybu about your website. It is very inspirational. My family is going through an ordeal with terminal cancer and so many times, your site has lifted me up! God bless you over and over. Remember the greater the call, the greater the fight. So keep fighting for the Lord. God bless and Happy Thanksgiving.