Pages

Thursday, March 01, 2007

Quality Quiet


Good Morning Everyone!

Have you ever read something and it just seemed
routine, and you forgot about it shortly, and then
later you read it, and wow, it popped off the page
to you, and seemed so meaningful?

I mean we often are so busy, that things just don't sink
in, because our mind is going so many different
directions.

I often think this could be part of the problem
not only with our relationships but with our
spiritual life. We get wrapped up in everything
except something that profits our soul.

Suppose for a minute we could clear our mind
of the clutter. Suppose we shut off the problems
filling our heads and worrying us, suppose we shut off
the thinking about things we need to do, suppose
we shut off thinking about others, or how upset
we are or what they did, or what they should have done.
Suppose we held up a mental stop sign and said
Quiet everyone... Im cleaning house.

Sudden quiet.

Now... I can take time to listen for God.

Nothing else.

Just Him.

If we did this each morning, even for a brief time
we would see immediate results in the way
we deal with life, others, and most certainly it
would give God time to impart peace into our spirit.
And hope, and inspiration. And.. reassurance.

What if you made this your goal this week?
Just a quiet time with God every day. Where
you raised a stop sign and quieted everything
in the world, but meditation upon God.
And listen for that precious still small voice.
Oh how we need this my friend.

Think about it, don't you need refreshing in
your spirit? Don't you need fresh hope?
Don't you need encouragement?
Well what are you waiting for? Don't neglect
the One who loves you more than anyone
else does, and has the answers to all you
need. Take time for God!

God bless each of you today and keep you safe.

Love
millie

Wait and hope for and expect the Lord;
be brave and of good courage, and let
your heart be stout and enduring. Yes,
wait and hope for and expect the Lord.
Psalm 27:14

But those who wait for the Lord -- who expect,
look for and hope in Him -- shall change and
RENEW their strength and power; they shall
lift their wings and mount up (close to God)
as eagles (mount up to the sun); they shall run
and not be weary and walk and not faint or become
tired.
Isaiah 40:31

Remember your source of strength is Christ,
you cannot run the race of life successfully
without a close, enduring, daily, ongoing
vital relationship with Him.

With our God we shall do valiantly!


****************************************************


Hello God,

I called tonight
To talk a little while
I need a friend who'll listen
To my anxiety and trial.

You see, I can't quite make it
Through a day just on my own...
I need your love to guide me,
So I'll never feel alone.

I want to ask you please to keep
My family safe and sound.
Come and fill their lives with confidence
For whatever fate they're bound.

Give me faith, dear God, to face
Each hour throughout the day,
And not to worry over things
I can't change in any way.

I thank you God for being home
And listening to my call,
For giving me such good advice
When I stumble and fall.

Your number, God, is the only one
That answers every time.
I never get a busy signal,
Never had to pay a dime.

So thank you, God, for listening
To my troubles and my sorrow.
Good night, God, I love You too,
And I'll call again tomorrow!

************************************

For all the negative things we
have to say to ourselves,
God has a positive answer for it.

You say: "It's impossible"
God says: All things are possible
(Luke 18:27)

You say: "I'm too tired"
God says: I will give you rest (Matthew 11:28-30)

You say: "I can't go on"
God says: My grace is sufficient
(II Corinthians 12:9 & Psalm 91:15)

You say: "I can't figure things out"
God says: I will direct your steps
(Proverbs 3:5-6)

You say: "I can't do it"
God says: You can do all things
(Philippians 4:13)

You say: "I'm not able"
God says: I am able
(II Corinthians 9:8)

You say: "It's not worth it"
God says: It will be worth it
(Roman 8:28)

You say: "I can't forgive myself"
God says: I FORGIVE YOU
(I John 1:9 & Romans 8:1)

You say: "I can't manage"
God says: I will supply all your needs
(Philippians 4:19)

You say: "I'm afraid"
God says: I have not given you a spirit of fear
(II Timothy 1:7)

You say: "I'm always worried and frustrated"
God says: Cast all your cares on ME
(I Peter 5:7)

You say: "I don't have enough faith"
God says: I've given everyone a measure of faith
(Romans 12:3)

You say: "I'm not smart enough"
God says: I give you wisdom
(I Corinthians 1:30)

You say: "I feel all alone"
God says: I will never leave you or forsake you
(Hebrews 13:5)

You say: "Nobody really loves me"
God says: I love you
(John 3:16 & John 13:34)

No comments: