Pages

Wednesday, July 07, 2010

Strength in Abiding

“I will not go home;
I will not let myself rest.
I will not let my eyes sleep
nor close my eyelids in slumber
until I find a place to build a house for the Lord,
a sanctuary for the Mighty One of Israel.”

Psalm 132:3-5


I was struck by these verses as I read them this week,
what dedication, what utter clarity of seeking God above
all else.

When was the last time you said you would not rest, or close
your eyes until you had sought the Lord?

Has God got a sanctuary in your life? When is the last
time you went there with him and dedicated specific
time alone with him.

The time you spend alone with God is vital. Those
moments of telling him how you feel, and what you
are going through, how much you love him, and just
talking to him are times of refreshing. Times of letting
go of our troubles and trusting God for his provision,
guidance and strength.

Our spiritual life grows or declines directly in proportion
to how much time we spend with God and in his word.

Each day as we open his word it infuses hope and
strength and wisdom in our spirit. Where else do we
get these commodities? They do not come easy
in this troubled world. Yet why is it most of us find
when we start to read the bible there are million things
to distract us? Because satan doesn't want the word of God
to get in our hearts and lives. Satan the loser doesn't want
us to quote the word of God because he knows how utterly
powerful and alive it is.

It is the same with my word. I send it out, and it always produces fruit. It will accomplish all I want it to, and it will prosper everywhere I send it.

Isaiah 55:11 NLT


My precious friends, if you are feeling weak and worn down,
or defeated, take time for God. He has the answers,
He sees tomorrow, and He can accomplish what is needed
and no power can stop it! Read the word of God,
cling to it, receive it, apply it to your life and speak it out
loud to your situation. God will prevail and be mighty
in the lives of those who seek his name and submit to
His will and call upon Him and abide with Him.

remember
Only one life
will soon be past
Only what is done
For Christ will last!

No comments: