Pages

Friday, June 04, 2010

Confidence in God's Protection

1 O God, listen to my cry!
Hear my prayer!
2 From the ends of the earth,
I cry to you for help
when my heart is overwhelmed.
Lead me to the towering rock of safety,
3 for you are my safe refuge,
a fortress where my enemies cannot reach me.
4 Let me live forever in your sanctuary,
safe beneath the shelter of your wings
Psalm 61:1-4
NLT


There are times in everyone's lives where the troubles and
hardships can pile up like a stack of hay. We feel buried in
them, and often overwhelmed. I have to say if we get
down to a practical standpoint in looking at it, what can
we solve by being overwhelmed or sad? What can we
accomplish by allowing depression and despair to set in?
Where can we run to except God?

Will running in circles of hopelessness, and no direction help?

And if we run to God, why fear? Why allow anything to
dominate our thinking except hope? This my friends
is a mental discipline we learn through faithfilled lives. It
is a determination within our spirit to trust God no matter what!

I can hear some of you now, but you don't know what I am going
through. No, I do not, but I know many people around the
world, and I get letters that tell me of what they are facing.
And I know what I have been through in my life, and looking
back I can see the provision and loving care of God, even
in the darkest of times.

I remember the time my husband had 3 cardiac arrests in a hour.
The last one he had, they were unable to stabilize him. There
was a nurse pounding on his chest, and they were bringing
out the paddles to zap him again, trying to revive his heart.
95 percent of the people who have 1 cardiac arrest die. To
have 3 within a hour and recover is a miracle.

They brought out a counselor who was standing next to me
preparing me to let go of my husband and comfort me. My family
was standing all around me, and I felt a scream rising within
my heart. I just wanted to lose it, and scream.
As clear as a bell I heard God say, "Millie, you can
scream or pray. You can believe everything you have ever
heard about me, or you can give up and let go." I made
a clear cut decision then to take God at his word. As my family
and I gathered hands, I started to pray, and I felt the power
of God come in that prayer. And I rebuked the spirit of death
and the powers of darkness coming against my family (we had
several tragedies going on at that time). I prayed against
them, and I spoke what I felt God was laying on my heart,
and such strength surged in my spirit. The minute I stopped
praying the doctor ran out and said, "He is Back! I cannot believe it,
he is back!" But I knew it was God. I knew God had given my husband
a second chance to make things right with Him. And I knew
God heard the cries of my heart.

Dearest friends, wherever you are today, whatever you are
going through, we serve a great God. He is not limited by
our interpretation of Him, or our mind set. You see God has
not changed. He still heals, he still answers prayers, He
still is above all, and over all, and all powerful. He cares
deeply about you and your life.

Above all He wants you to surrender to Him. To be born
again through the precious blood of his son. When you
repent of your sins and receive him as Savior, you can
go to him in prayer and ask what you will, and according
to his word it will be done. Sometimes it takes fasting
and prayer, sometimes we just have to rely on Him and
know he knows what is best.

"Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, and the one who seeks finds, and to the one who knocks it will be opened."
Matthew 7:-7-8 ESV


But don't for a minute give up, or run to something that
does not satisfy or answer your cry. Run to the living God
who is waiting with open arms for your cry and your surrender.

Casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you.
1 Peter 5:7


My dearest friends, you can either trust or scream. You can
take God at his word and seek him and cry out to him with
all your heart, or you can give up. Which will serve you best?
Are you limiting God? That is your fault. He is not limited.
Cry out to Him, read his word, and then believe it without
reservation!

Do not be afraid, for I have ransomed you. I have called you by name; you are mine. When you go through deep waters, I will be with you. When you go through rivers of difficulty, you will not drown.
Isaiah 43:2

1 comment:

Smoke said...

Millie,
My husband drives and 18 wheeler truck. One day traffic was stopped on the hwy. because the county was painting those yellow line. Mind you my husband is totally stopped. Out of nowhere he sees a concrete truck speeding up behind him and my husband gets rearended real hard. My husband could see the oil and flames approaching his truck and God got him out of there. The truck caught on fire and blew up. Now that's the wonderful God i serve. He saved my husbands life.
Smoke