Pages

Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Trusting God In The Dark Moments

Good Morning Everyone.

The story in todays inspiration really touched my heart.
It made me think about how we handle loss, transition,
loneliness, and how desperate the feelings can be from that
time.

There have been several times in my life when people
walked out of my life, that were so very important to me.
It absolutely devastated me, and brought me feelings that
I must be truly unworthy if someone I loved so much wanted
to walk away from me. After while it became a pattern in
my thinking. It has been one of the hardest patterns for me
to break, and it takes vigilance.

I am reminded that people come and go, but Jesus said
he would never leave us nor forsake us. No one can carry
all our burdens for us, or fix things, or even be all the comfort
we need, that is just too much for anyone to handle or be
capable of. For us to expect others to be our rescuer is
just not reasonable. Certainly we all should be listeners
and really pray for the needs of those we know who
need prayer. But those burdens should go from their heart
to our ears, to the throne of God.

Even in the darkest times, even in the most desperate hours,
even when everyone you love walks out, leaves or dies,
you are never alone. But for you to find comfort in those
times, you must go to God.. weep before Him, cling to Him,
talk to Him, tell Him every desperate feeling you have.
Then ask for healing, ask for restoration, ask for Him
to work in these circumstances and bring good out of them.

Ask Him to show you what you can do for you. Ask Him
to show you what to do with your life and for others.
Be willing to start over and do new things.

And then...
Love yourself. Forgive yourself. Find peace. And then live
life, with what you do have... not with what is not obtainable,
or with people who are rejecting you. Turn it all over to
your heavenly Father.

Count your blessings, and don't focus on what you do not
have, or who hurt you, focus on what you can do to make
today great. God loves you so very much my friend, tap
into that great source of power and live a victorious life...
no matter what you may face.

Love always
millie


´°`·.,¸¸,.·´°`·.,¸¸,.·´°`·.,¸¸,.·°°´·.,¸¸,.·´°`·.,¸¸,.·´°`·.,¸¸,.·´°



He gives power to the faint, and to them that have no might
He increases strength.
Isaiah 40:29

Be of good courage, and He shall strengthen your heart,
all you that hope in the Lord.
Psalm 31:24

About making the best of our circumstances:

I know both how to be abased, and I know how to abound:
every where and in all things I am instructed both to to be
full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need.
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Philippians 4:12-13

Let your conduct be without covetousness; be content with such
things as you have. For He Himself has said, “I will never leave
you nor forsake you.”Hebrews 13:5

No matter what we go through, we can be conquerors.
Just Trust in God, and in the power of HIS might.


´°`·.,¸¸,.·´°`·.,¸¸,.·´°`·.,¸¸,.·°°´·.,¸¸,.·´°`·.,¸¸,.·´°`·.,¸¸,.·´°



EVEN IF IT'S DARK

He was a strong man facing an enemy beyond strength. His young wife had
become gravely ill, then suddenly passed away, leaving the big man alone
with a wide-eyed, flaxen-haired girl, not quite five years old.

The service in the village chapel was simple, and heavy with grief. After
the burial at the small cemetery, the man's neighbors gathered around
him. "Please, bring your little girl and stay with us for several days,"
someone said. "You shouldn't go back home just yet."

Broken hearted though he was, the man answered, "Thank you, friends, for
the kind offer. But we need to go back home"where she was. My baby and I
must face this."

So they returned, the big man and his little girl, to what now seemed an
empty, lifeless home. The man brought his daughter's little bed into his
room, so they could face the first dark night together.

As the minutes slipped by that night, the young girl was having a dreadful
time trying to sleep...and so was her father. What could pierce a man's
heart deeper than a child sobbing for a mother who would never come back?

Along into the night the little one continued to weep. The big man reached
down into her bed and tried to comfort her as best he could. After a while,
the little girl managed to stop crying"but only out of sorrow for her
father. Thinking his daughter was asleep, the father looked up and said
brokenly, "I trust you, Father, but...it's as dark as midnight!"

Hearing her dad's prayer, the little girl began to cry again.

"I thought you were asleep, baby," he said.

"Papa, I did try. I was sorry for you. I did try. But"I couldn't go to
sleep. Papa, did you ever know it could be so dark? Why Papa? I can't
even see you, it's so dark." Then, through her tears the little girl
whispered, "But you love me even if it's dark"don't you, Papa?"

For an answer, the big man reached across with his massive hands, lifted
his little girl out of her bed, brought her over onto his chest, and held
her, until at last she fell asleep.

When she was finally quiet, he began to pray. He took his little daughters
cry to himself, and passed it up to God.

"Father, it's as dark as midnight. I can't see you at all. But You love
me, even when it's dark and I can't see, don't you?"

From that blackest of hours, the Lord touched him with new strength,
enabling him to carry on. He knew that God went on loving him, even in
the dark.

By Ron Mehl

No comments: