Pages

Friday, March 30, 2007

Our Father Knows What Is Best




Good Morning Everyone,

Some of life's lessons can be very difficult.
People react differently to the same trials,
and it is often a study in psychology to see
how they work their way through it. Spiritually
we can learn from the journey of others.

Recently in a chat room, I was discussing
what suffering taught us. Some one wanted
me to clarify about suffering, they didn't get
where I would come up with such a concept.

I told them that suffering reminded us we
we're not in control. Suffering reminds us our
life will not be forever. Suffering reminds us that
our Lord Jesus must be our focus daily so
we can infuse our spirit with his strength, his hope,
his resurrecting power within us.

How do I know? For the last few years,
my health has changed dramatically. I am in
constant pain, and the level has increased to
such a degree it has become a challenge
not to let it get me down. Then my breathing
became more difficult because of copd.
This week after many tests on both my lungs
and spine, I got the diagnosis back. It seemed
rather grim, and could easily have made
me depressed, or want to give up. I chose
not to follow the path of defeat.

So ... what do we do with these things? Do
they control us? Someplace along the line
no matter how bad my day is, I had to make
a decision that I would not let my illness
rule my thinking. That I would find the
good in each day and focus on it. That I
would have a spirit of thankfulness for what I
do have and not what I do not have.

Now.. I have gone to stage 2. I want
to ask those of you who know how to
do spiritual warfare, to write to me personally,
and agree with me in prayer. You see, I am
seeking healing. I have seen it happen
and I know God is still able. I have work to
do for him, and I need his help to do it.

I know God is able to provide me the health
for the tasks He has set aside for me to accomplish
for His kingdom.

My friends, no matter what battle you fight,
whether it is devastating physically, emotionally,
or psychologically. God is greater than your
problems. He created all things, he understands
how they work. He knows your mind, your past,
he has seen every tear you have shed.

Take your burdens to the Lord and leave
them there. And whatever state you find yourself
in, learn to be content as Paul taught. Your
sufficiency is of Christ, not of your own strength.
Rely on, trust in, cling to Him, for He alone
has the power to strengthen, hold you up,
deliver you, and make you well. And if in this
life you have to suffer, let the glory be to
God who gave His precious son who suffered
greatly, sacrificed, and gave himself for us, when we
were so utterly unworthy.

He gave His all for us, how then can we
do less for Him?

For I consider that the sufferings of this present
time are not worthy to be compared with the glory
which shall be revealed in us.
Romans 8:18

What then shall we say to these things? If God
is for us, who can be against us?
He who did not spare His own Son, but delivered
Him up for us all, how shall He not with Him
also freely give us all things?
Who shall seperate us from the love of Christ?
Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution,
or famine or nakedness or peril, or sword?
Yet in all these things we are MORE than
conquerors through Him who loved us.
Romans 8: 32,35,37

My friends, we can make it. WE can win
this battle, it takes praying together,
fighting the good fight of faith. Forgetting
about nagging doubts, laying aside useless
worry and focusing on the attributes and
abilities of God.

Emptying ourselves out before Him, and
allowing Him to rule and reign in us so that
we may be pleasing to Him, and overcomers
of this world. Never give up my friends,
God will not leave you or forsake you.

Love
millie

ps.. please those of you that know how
to do spiritual warfare, and are willing to
interceed, please write to me.



Our Father knows what's best for us,
So why should we complain?
We always want the sunshine,
But He knows there must be rain.

We love the sound of laughter
And the merriment of cheer,
But our hearts would lose their tenderness
If we never shed a tear.

Our Father tests us often
With suffering and with sorrow.
He tests us not to punish us
But to help us with tomorrow.

For growing trees are strengthened
When they withstand the storm,
And the sharp cut of a chisel
Gives the marble grace and form.

God never hurts us needlessly,
And He never wastes our pain,
For every loss He sends to us
Is followed by rich gain.

And when we count the blessings
That God has so freely sent,
We will find no cause for murmuring
And no time to lament,

For our Father loves His children,
And to Him all things are plain,
So He never sends us pleasure
When the soul's deep need is pain.

So whenever we are troubled
And when everything goes wrong,
It is just God working in us
To make our spirits strong.



Helen Steiner Rice

1 comment:

Shelia Clarkson said...

Dear Millie, may God Bless you over and above what you believe for. I, too, am walking the path you are walking and our precious Father gave me a word this week just for me....Even though I am in the midst of these things, HE is in the midst of me and will not leave me comfortless. You are on my prayer list and I covet your prayers too, In His Love, Shelia